15 Minute Bottles X Nibiru Grüner Veltliner 2022


In 2022, David ventured to Austria to join his friends Joseph and Julia of Nibiru Wines for vintage. Luckily for us, this collaboration resulted not only in a fantastic experience for David but also in the creation of this little beauty. Crafted through a blend of techniques, 65% of the fruit is direct pressed into stainless steel, while the remaining 35% is fermented on skins for 19 days before being pressed to neutral oak. This Grüner Veltliner is energetic and lively as well as featuring the hallmark texture that has made this grape variety so adored. 

15 Minute Bottles is a collaboration between two families, David Collins and Lana Kennett, and Tom Lascelles and Anne Kirsch. The project came about in Europe, when their paths crossed while Tom was working for Austrian natural wine superstar, Claus Preisinger. With both couples coming back to New Zealand in 2021, they saw an opportunity to produce here the style of energetic, approachable natural wines they’d loved in Europe. With one family based in Canterbury, and the other in Central Otago, their intention is to produce multi-regional wines that are unfined, unfiltered with minimal added sulphites. David best explains the reason behind their name, 15 Minute Bottles - 

“It’s rooted in the fun, energetic, thought provoking wine we fell for while in Europe. When we drank a banger, we would call it a '15 minute bottle' because it didn't hang around for long (enjoyed responsibly with a large group of friends of course)”.

Organic, unfined, unfiltered, minimal added sulphites